Saturday, September 22, 2012

Graduation

On Saturday, September 15, a small group of student farmers, their families, friends, faculty, and the larger Farm School community gathered to celebrate the end of an amazing, fabulous, life-changing year and the beginning of the Rest of Our Lives!  Here's the retrospective slide show I put together for the graduation ceremony from the photos that everyone contributed.




I think it'll take some time to fully process what this year has meant to me.  It most certainly has been transformative and will likely influence many of the personal and professional decisions I make from now on.

Are you wondering where I go from here?  A most excellent question.  I'm going to get my hair cut.  Sleep in. Celebrate my niece's birthday.

Wait...were you wondering about my life plans?  Oh.  That's a bit more fuzzy.  I've fantasized about a green education center (see Looking Ahead 12/30/11).  It says something to me that this continues to be ever-present in my brain.  The next few months will be about gaining clarity on the direction I'd like to take.  How do I best combine the skills and interests that I have: medicine, farming, nutrition, public health, working with the underserved, and environmental stewardship?  The answer is out there somewhere.  So, there is a conference, a workshop, and a retreat directly ahead so I can explore the possibilities.  And I will most likely take short-term assignments in family practice to determine if clinical medicine will be a part of my life.

My mantra continues: trust the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment