Sunday, August 28, 2011

Moving Day

Today is moving day.

The transitions have come fast and furious.  I put my house on the market in May...it sold with dizzying speed.  Which meant that I had to move out in June and sublet an apartment for the summer.


I left my heart on Stanford Street


My sweet cat Samantha died in June.  I adopted her the week I started medical school sixteen years ago, and she had been my constant companion all through my training and into practice.  Interesting that she chose to leave at this time in my life!  Almost as if she felt that her task of taking care of me through all these doctorin' years was complete. Boy I miss her and her lovely, loyal, sometimes cantankerous nature.



Thursday was my last day of work.  I didn't think I would cry, but I walked into my office to find my desk completely covered with gifts and cards, and the waterworks commenced.

And Holyoke!  I've made some amazing friends there.  It's a place that I've fallen in love with, and I'll miss it dearly.

So today I head off to my new diggs in Athol.  I don't know a soul there, but I know that I soon will.  New challenges...new experiences...vámanos!

No comments:

Post a Comment